Absolutely! Our credit card processor has been audited by a PCI-certified auditor, and is certified to PCI Service Provider Level 1, the most stringent level of certification available. We enforce HTTPS for all sensitive data on FilmHaiti.com, including our public website, the checkout experience, and the user account pages. Paypal is also available as a payment option.
It’s really easy!
- Navigate to the video page of the product you want to rent.
- Click on the RENT button.
- Log In or Register if it is your first rental.
- Select your Rental option.
- Enter your credit card information or use Paypal. We accept all major debit & credit cards.
- Once through the process, you can start watching immediately.
You usually have 3 days to watch a movie you rented. When you rent a package, you will be offered one week or more. During the rental period, you can watch the product (or products) as many times as you want.
By default, all videos on FilmHaiti.com Premium channels play back using a technology called adaptive streaming. This process breaks a video up into smaller chunks. Our player then delivers these segments sequentially in real time.
We generate multiple playback versions, and the player will intelligently choose the highest quality possible based on network connection, graphics processing ability, and player size. As long as the original source file and their viewing environment supports it, videos can be viewed in resolutions up to 1080p. (We hope to be able to offer higher qualities such as 4K in the future.)
That said, we always encode at an above-average quality level, as we value quality video over anything else. Each playback resolution has its own cap in order to preserve smooth playback over the internet, and these caps correspond with our bandwidth requirements for each viewing quality. For instance, we cap 1080p video bitrates at 5 Mbps, which is significantly higher than other online video services.
For audio, we encode to two stereo channels. We will always encode audio up to 256 Kb/s, but if the internet connection does not need to use all the available bitrate, the player will provide as much as needed, given your setup.
Sorry for the trouble! Here’s a list of solutions that should help fix your playback issue:
- Make sure you have a fast and stable internet connection.
- Try refreshing your browser, or switching to a modern browser like Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.
- Restart your wireless router or modem or your iOS or Android device (if on mobile).
- If you continue to have issues playing on your device, please contact us, by being as descriptive as possible.
This is how to control the volume on our web video player:
- Place your mouse cursor over the video you are currently watching to make the video controls visible.
- Right next to the Play or Pause button, you should see a Speaker icon with a slider beside it.
- To control how high or low the volume is, drag the slider left or right.
- If you’d like to mute the video entirely, simply click directly on the speaker icon once. Click again to unmute.
Navigate to the subtitles dropdown menu (CC icon) within the player and select a language. The subtitles will begin playing in the streaming player.